The link to the article I am referring to is above, which talks about how Muslims donated big sums of money to Jewish institutions after the antisemitic destruction of Jewish grave sites. It is great when the media gives a more balanced perspective of Islam and actually reports on the good deeds of the Muslim community, and the literally thousands of denunciations of terrorism that pour forth from Muslim leaders all over the world every year. I take an interfaith persective genrerally, but speaking as a Jewish man, Muslims are my brothers and sisters who worship the same “God of Abraham, Moses, King David and Jesus” found in BOTH the Bible and the Qu’ran. It is truly a tragedy that many Jews, Christians, and Muslims remain ignorant that the Bible and the Qu’ran, though obviously different in certain ways, nevertheless reflect nearly identical worldviews and spiritual mythologolgies. Any true Jew should view Muslims as part of their spiritual family, and visa versa. When will we stop arguing over what name to call God and start living lives that reflect His love for all humanity?
- Mechizzawhaaaaaa? Melchizedek and the Source of Spiritual Authority
- Re-interpreting Jesus 1: Beyond Religion (The Law and the Prophets)
- Many Paths, One Goal
- Re-interpreting Jesus II: The Kingdom of God
- Homosexuality, Christianity, and The Future of Scripture
- Jesus as Koan: The Zen Perspective
- Lessons from the Gita 3: God Realization – The End of Religion